Sunday, July 09, 2006

Our weekend road trip

One of my favourite things to do is to spend time with good friends. Over the long weekend, John and I went to visit our friends Anna and Bart in Baltimore. I haven't seen Anna since she came up to join me for a Knit Knite back in January, so it's been a while. And we had a great visit and a great weeekend.

We left Saturday for the drive down. We drove through the hills of Pennsylvania, and it was beautiful. It reminded me so much of the drive to New Brunswick, which I have done almost every summer of my life. Such great memories...We arrived just before dinner and just in time for the Canada Day Party! Both Anna and Bart are Canadian, and many of the friends they have made in Baltimore are Canadian as well, so we celebrated in true Canadian style with Canadian beer, back bacon on a bun (among other tasty dinner items), and maple leaf cookies and Nanaimo bars. There was even a Canadian trivia game with a prize pack. I was not able to participate due to my "advantage" of being Canadian, but it was a great prize pack, complete with Tim Horton's coffee from the Albion store (not quite a Canadian store, but we did the best we could).

Sunday we ventured out around town. It was brutally hot, so that did hinder us a little. I don't deal well with heat. We went to Fort McHenry, where a battle happened that inspired the writing of the Star Spangled Banner. That was neat to see.

Then we went to the Inner Harbor, which had a lot of neat shops, the Aquarium, and a huge entertainment complex. It was very nice. Here Anna and I are at the Inner Harbor.


For dinner, we went to a local chain restaurant and had crab dip and Old Bay seasoning on our french fries (my Dad brought that back to our home years ago so I already knew how much I loved it!). Bart and John each got a 20 ounce hamburger! And they each ate the whole thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home