Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Guess what I got in the mail...

Check out the cool package I got from my yarn pal! The package she sent it to me in is truly gorgeous. It's a case with pictures of tea from around the world on it. Does she know me, or what? I wonder what's inside!



Treasures galore! Some DPNs in the size I need to make the cabled footies from the One Skein book, a recipe card for her favourite tea cookies, a box of delectable tea, and a skein of Lorna's Laces in Rain....just what I had been coveting!



Here is a closer look. The colours are SO BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much, Secret Yarn Faerie! I can't wait to learn who you really are next month!

So my lack of posting has mainly been due to the fact that it's summer and with summer comes the activities and fun that sometimes limit your time in front of the computer. We've been busy with another wedding, visiting Canada, hosting visitors from Canada, and other summer stuff. Being in class two nights a week doesn't help either. I am really enjoying my class but I will be glad when class is over in the beginning of August.

So good news...I have been promoted! I have never been promoted before, not because I wasn't a good worker, but because I was in junior positions where there was no where to move up or because I was in a contract position. So this is a first for me! And I'm really excited. I got the word on Friday and I start my new job on Monday.

In knitting news, I am making progress on my Florida bag. I have finished the Watermelon and Sunflower bands. I must start to make more time for knitting, aside from when we're driving to Canada! ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Kester said...

Congratulations on your promotion!!!

I'm dying to make those cabled footies as well- I can't wait to see how yours turn out!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home