Sunday, June 04, 2006

So many things to be excited about

What a weird week it has been. Short work weeks are great in theory, but then you have to fit 5 days worth of work into 4, not to mention that you don't know what day it is all week.

So my lack of blogging this week can be attributed mainly to the fact that I have definitely decided to apply to begin my Master of Science in Human Resources Management at Nazareth College. I went to an information session on Wednesday night, and it was great. I had a campus tour and it was really quaint with lots of green space and a small campus population, which is totally my style. I learned so many great things about the program and I walked away totally energized and excited to start. I'm just gathering up my loose ends so that I can go for my program interview to be officially enrolled. I am moving so quickly because I am aiming to begin taking courses in the second summer session which begins June 28! EEEEKKKKK! That's so soon! I decided to push and start now because only one course is offered and it is called Executive Lecture Series and is essentially just that...a series of business executives come in and speak to our class and the whole mark is made up of participation, attendance, and one paper. A nice way to ease in the program, I thought. And the course only goes to August 8, we go two nights a week from 6-9:30 for those 6 weeks. I AM SO EXCITED TO START! Call me a nerd, but this is exactly what I need in my life right now.

Hmmm let's see, in other knitting news, I am still working on round 1 of the Honeymoon Cami. But at least I cast on for it. The whole knitting through the back loop thing is what is taking so long. My needles aren't really pointy, so I have a hard time getting them in there. But it is progress nonetheless. I also saw Lynne's Florida Bag and I knew I just had to make one. The colours are fabulous, and it will be a great way for me to learn some other stitches. I'm all about the developmental knitting projects now...I need to expand my knowledge so I can make some more complicated objects.

It's Sunday and it is finally sunny out. It's still a little on the cool side though, but at least my flowers will get some sun now.

Sorry "Helen", my Secret Yarn Fairie, no pics of the garden yet. When things come along a little more, maybe I'll post some, assuming the flowers live. I do not have much of a green thumb. Seriously.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Kester said...

Good for you! My boyfriend is in the Grad program at Naz, and he loves it... except the fact that he has to go four nights a week. That kind of sucks. But it's a good program. Congrats!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home