Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A little catching up...

So it's official....I'M IN! I start class next Wednesday. I'm very excited! I have to go back on Friday to get my student ID and parking pass, though. I registered today and apparently the information doesn't transmit over the system right away so the person helping me couldn't see my status with the school in his computer. Technology...so great and yet so useless.

In other news, even though it is Wednesday, I must write about our weekend. It was great. We were up in Canada for my old roommate's wedding. Jay is such a great guy, and he and his now wife Kelly were together through most of school and they are such a great couple. The wedding was in Collingwood, Ontario, which is on the Georgian Bay and is about 5 hours from our house. It was so nice up there. They had a very warm but nice day for the wedding. It was so nice to see the other roommates too, they were in his wedding party. Then Sunday was of course Father's Day and it was my sister's birthday earlier in the week, so we had a nice celebration on Sunday for both of them. I miss my family a lot. And then back to reality on Monday, but it was a good weekend.

So somehow yet again, the week has just flown by. Thankfully I got a lot of knitting done over the weekend. My felted purse that I started on Thursday at Knit Knite is almost all done, I juts have to finish the handles. That was accomplished on the drive to and from Canada. But that is all of the progress I have made, which is like NOTHING! I have so many projects I want to work on and I just never seem to get around to it.

My flower garden is coming along well...I say well, but that is well for me, which means that the plants are not dying and they are actually growing a bit so that is definitely good news.

Oh, and of course the biggest news of all. The Super Walmart in Albion has now been open for a week. John and I went to check it out on Sunday night...there is so much stuff there, it is unbelievable. I have to admit, it is convenient to have a store like that so close by. I used to have to go to Brockport, which is 2o minutes away, to find a store with any sort of selection.

Okay, off to finish the purse so I can felt it and dry it before Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home