Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Another great weekend...

I have to say my last two weekends have been pretty great. Reconnecting with people who mean a lot to you is a great way to spend a weekend. Friday night, I went out with Vicki, who I met at work and who is quickly becoming a great friend. I had to go and get my ID picture from Nazareth, so since I was on her end of town we went out after that. Pittsford has such a nice area around the Erie Canal....cute shops, delicious restaurants, and a scenic walkway. We ate at Simply Crepes, which was SO good, I cannot even describe what a treat it was. Then we went for a nice walk along the canal. There was a band playing across the way...it was just the perfect summer night.

Saturday was my niece and nephew's birthday party. They are brother and sister and believe it or not, they were born on the same day, 5 years apart! Very unique. So my sister in law has a big party for them each year. She really outdid herself this year though...there was enough food to feed an army! And it was so good! We totally stuffed ourselves. My niece Hillary liked her present, which was my fourth (and hopefully final) Meema's Felted Marsupial Bag from S 'n B. Incidentally, I was still knitting it Friday night and then had to weave in the ends, felt it, and then HOPE it would be dry enough to give to her Saturday afternoon. A fan on high speed for a few hours does wonders. Our nephew Owen liked his present too, water guns and a water rocket. We topped the evening off with a bonfire. There is nothing more relaxing than sitting in front of a campfire on a great summer night. Brings back such great memories of summer vacations in New Brunswick growing up...

Sunday we had yet another party....obviously we were very popular at the McKenney-Markle household this past weekend. We had a graduation party for a family friend. It was nice, I hadn't seem some of that family since we got married a year and a half ago, so it was good to get caught up.

So all in all, a great weekend.

And now it's Tuesday. That weekend is long gone, but the next one is coming up quickly. And despite time flying by so quickly, I have managed to get some work done on my Honeymoon Cami. Not that you could really tell, so I'm not posting any pics. I'm still in the ribbing at the bottom. I've decided to elongate the ribbing because I like my shirts a little bit longer and it looks like it was a litte short for my taste in the picture. I'm excited, I love knitting with the KnitPicks Shine, it is so soft and has a nice sheen to it. I want to start on my Florida Bag too soon, or else I fear I won't have it done this summer. Not to mention my knitted item for my Secret Pal....GAH!

Oh, and my last bit of news....tomorrow is my first day of school. I have my outfit all picked out, my lunch made...I am ready to go. SO excited! I must go and make sure I get a good night's sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home